Fourth floor,Executive Building, Provincial Capitol, Cabidianan, Nabunturan, Davao de Oro
PROGRAMS, PROJECTS & ACTIVITIES
By 2030, Davao de Oro is a top investment and tourism destination in Mindanao, with healthy, peaceful, and resilient communities.
Strengthen operational system, personal efficiency and technical resource components to boost the promotion and development of tourism.
The Provincial Housing Program of Davao de Oro anchors on the following legal bases/ policies/ plan:
Section 9, Article XIII of the 1987 Constitution states that “it is the policy of the State to undertake a continuing program of urban land reform and housing which will make available, at affordable cost, decent housing and basic services to underprivileged and homeless citizens in urban centers and resettlement areas”.
Pursuant to Article VIII of Republic Act No. 7279 “Urban Development and Housing Act of 1992”, Social Housing Finance Corporation (SHFC) shall assist legally organized associations of underprivileged and homeless citizens to purchase and develop a tract of land under the concept of community ownership under the Community Mortgage Program (CMP). The primary objective of CMP is to assist residents of blighted or depressed areas to own the lots they occupy, or where they choose to relocate to, and eventually improve their neighbourhood and homes to the extent of their affordability.
Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991, mandates the all Provincial Government to implement a comprehensive and continuing urban development program and uplift the conditions of its underprivileged and homeless constituents.
Davao de Oro Provincial Development and Physical Framework Plan, 2019-2040 housing objectives which are to Ensure access for all to adequate, safe and affordable housing and basic services.
The Provincial Housing and Homesite Division will aid in the policy formulation and strengthen the implementation of the various grant and socialized housing programs, such as but not limited to CMP and its modalities, including LGU-initiated, Vertical Housing, Turnkey, Industrial Workers, Mixed-Use, Sectoral Farm-Lot and Culturally Sensitive CMPs in the province. It specifically aims to:
1. Provide decent, livable, and affordable housing units for the homeless, vulnerable and low-income families, and Indigenous Cultural Communities (ICC)
2. Strengthen the existing interim Home-Owners Associations (HOAs) of the TS Pablo Resettlement Projects to sustain the management of facilities and services to their respective members.
3. Improve the existing TS Pablo Housing Projects to make it more livable for the beneficiaries.
4. Provide livelihood opportunities and other social services for the TS Pablo Beneficiaries and IP community.
5. Enhance the knowledge and skills of the office’ personnel
6. Strengthen the functionality of Provincial Inter-Agency Committee (ProvIAC).