A dynamic organization committed to achieve maximum production and sustainable agriculture for Davao de Oro Province through appropriate farming technologies supported by leaders that anchored on the principle of environment friendly practices and rational utilization of resources.
1. To promote best technology options and farming practices for the farmers in order to increase production;
2. To popularize natural farming in order to prevent environmental hazards in the farm lands;
3. To coordinate with stakeholders in the attainment of food sufficiency and alleviate poverty in the farming communities through provision of production capital and other non-cash farmer support such as seeds, seedlings and other farm inputs; 4. To coordinate with other stakeholders in the provision of post-harvest equipment and facilities, support infrastructures, marketing linkages and other production support; 5. To enhance strategies and measures for the proper use of agricultural and fishery resources; 6. To undertake sustainable management practices on the protection, conservation and utilization of upland, lowland, coastal and fishery resources; and 7. To promote cooperativism as tool for community development and enhance capability building of the fisherfolk and farmers.
MANDATE & FUNCTIONS
* The agriculturist shall take charge of the office for agricultural services, and shall:
(1) Formulate measures for the approval of the Sanggunian and provide technical assistance and support to the Governor or Mayor, as the case may be, in carrying out said measures to ensure the delivery of basic services and provision of adequate facilities relative to agricultural services as provided for under Section 17 of the Code;
(2) Develop plans and strategies and upon approval thereof by the governor or mayor, as the case may be, implement the same, particularly those which have to do with agricultural programs and projects which the governor or mayor is empowered to implement and which the sanggunian us empowered to provide for under this Code;
(3) In addition to the foregoing duties and functions, the agriculturist shall:
(i) Ensure that maximum assistance and access to resources in the production, processing and marketing of agricultural and aqua-cultural and marine products are extended to farmers, fishermen and local entrepreneurs.
(ii) Conduct or cause to be conducted location-specific agricultural research and assist in making available the appropriate technology arising out of and disseminating information on basic research on crops, preventive and control of plant diseases and pests, and other agricultural matters which will maximize productivity.
(iii) Assist the governor or mayor, as the case may be, in the establishment and extension services of demonstration farms or aqua-culture and marine products.
(iv) Enforce rules and regulations relating to agriculture and aquaculture.
(v) Coordinate with government agencies and non- governmental organizations which promote agricultural productivity through appropriate technology compatible with environmental integrity;
(4) Be in the frontline of delivery of basic agricultural services, particularly those needed for the survival of the inhabitants during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters; Recommend to the sanggunian and advise the governor or mayor, as the case may be, on all other matters related to agriculture and aqua-culture which will improve the livelihood and living conditions of the inhabitants; and
(5) Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
MFO, PROGRAMS, PROJECTS & ACTIVITIES