Provincial Budget Office, manned by dedicated and adaptive individuals, is efficient and effective in the service delivery of its distinctive role in sustainable management of local government resources thereby enhancing holistic growth of Davao de Oro.
To provide prompt, quality and transparent service delivery in all aspects of local government expenditure management to the constituents.
MANDATE & FUNCTION
Budgeting and its processes take full consideration of the goals and objectives, thrust and priorities, and the corresponding programs, projects and activities stated in the development plans, its implementation and operation. In accordance with R. A. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of the Philippines, the Provincial Budget Office has the following objectives:
● Prepare forms, orders and circulars embodying instructions on budgetary and appropriation matters for the signature of the Governor;
● Review and consolidate budget proposals of different departments and offices of the local government unit;
● Receive, record, and release vouchers, payrolls, and other documents; and
● Assist the Governor in the preparation of the budget and during budget hearings;
● Study and evaluate budgetary implications of proposed legislation and submit comments and recommendations thereon;
● Submit periodic budgetary reports to the Department of Budget and Management;
● Coordinate with the Treasurer, Accountant and the Planning and Development Coordinator for the purpose of budgeting;
● Assist the sanggunian concerned in reviewing the approved budgets of component local government units;
● Coordinate with the Planning and Development Coordinator in the formulation of the local government unit development plan; and
● Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may be prescribed by law or ordinance.
MFO, PROGRAMS, PROJECTS & ACTIVITIES