The Provincial Human Resource Management and Development Office is empowered, competent and dynamic unit of the Provincial Government of Davao de Oro imbued with the values of excellence and integrity and a catalyst in providing highly professional human resources.
The PHRMDO is committed to develop the highest potentials, competencies and good attitude of employees and promote their commitment and dedication to public service.
Developed highly competent, physically fit and morally upright employees.
1. Assist and advise the Local Chief Executive in the development, formulation and execution of policies rules and regulations in all areas of human resource management in accordance with the Civil Service law and rules;
2. Implement comprehensive and balanced personnel development programs designed to raise the level of efficiency, effectiveness and morale of the personnel of the Provincial Government;
3. Establish a sound recruitment, selection and placement system within the organization;
4. Administer the position classification and compensation system (as prescribed by the Department of Budget and Management) and other employee welfare programs such as medical and hospitalization benefits, health and safety standards, disability, retirement, mortuary and other benefits;
5. Help create an atmosphere conducive to good supervisor-employee relations and improvement of employee welfare and morale and recognizes the employee’s right to self-organization;
6. Assist the agency in the development and implementation of performance standards evaluation systems and employee reward and recognition programs;
7. Conduct exit interview of employees about to retire, resign, transfer or separate from the agency to obtain their suggestion and/or feedback on how to improve organization productivity and performance;
8. Execute, administer and facilitate human resource development and other employee engagement activities such as trainings, seminars, workshops, and the like;
9. Establish and administer a continuing employee suggestions and incentives and awards systems for the improvement of employee performance and productivity;
10. Maintain a complete and up-to-date human resource information system;
11. Ensure that the Personnel Mechanisms mandated by the Civil Service Commission are installed and properly implemented;
12. Prepare annual forecast of Personnel Services through the provision of Annual Plantilla of Positions;
13. Prepare payrolls and vouchers of all regular, casual, and job order personnel’s salary/wages;
14. Control leave application and check report on leave balances and ensure compliance of the rule governing punctuality and attendance of employees;
15. Facilitate employees’ availment and maintain record on benefit claims such as PhilHealth, PAG-IBIG, GSIS, and other benefits;
16. As a member of the Council of Human Resource Management Practitioners of Davao de Oro, actively participate in all programs and activities of the council; and
17. Liaise with the Civil Service Commission on personnel-related matter.
MFO & PPAS