A friendly taxpayers province with sustainable local revenue growth backed with modern technology and manned with knowledgeable, efficient and honest human resources.
To be and active key player in developing Province of Davao de Oro into a less dependent on Internal Revenue Allotment by finding means and ways to increase its local sources and to manage the provincial funds efficiently.
Republic Act 7160 Book III Article II Section 470 mandates that the Provincial Treasurer’s Office shall perform the herein duties and functions:
A. Advice the Governor, the Sanggunian and other local government and national officials concerned regarding disposition of local government fund, and on such other matters relative to public finance;
B. Takes custody of and exercise proper management of the funds of the provincial government;
C. Takes charge of the disbursement of all provincial government;
D. Conduct inspection of private commercial and industrial establishments within the jurisdiction of the provincial government in relation to the implementation of tax ordinances pursuant to the provisions under book II of RA #7160;
E. Maintains and updates the tax information system of the provincial government;
F. Exercise technical supervision over all treasury offices of component municipalities; and
G. Exercise such other functions as may be provided by law or ordinance.
MFO`s, PROGRAMS/PROJECTS & ACTIVITIES
1. Reduced/ minimized number of casualties when disaster occur
2. Relocated 50% settlements in identified high risk areas
3. Promote culture of awareness and preparedness among Dabaweños
4. Replenish 30% of the required 60% of the total land area (TLA) forest cover
5. Attained 100% basic hazard-specific response equipments and communication devices.
6. Increased capacity of Dabaweños in preparing for, responding to disasters and adapting to climate change.
7. Integrated DRRM and CCA in local development plans and policies.
8. Institutionalized Disaster Risk Reduction and Management System and Climate Change Adaptation Mechanism.
9. Established effective relief distribution and management system.
10. Established communication systems and protocol
11. Established hazard-based contingency plan, and
12. Improved efficiency in disaster response.